Thursday, October 30, 2014

Review: His




Rating:4.5 stars


Title: His
Author: Aubrey Dark
Genre: Dark Erotic Thriller Romance, some BDSM
Source: ARC provided by the author


Cover: 4 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Plot: 4 stars
Heat: 3 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 5 stars
Total: 4.5 stars (20/24)

***Author's Note: This is a dark romance novel with mature themes that might make some readers uncomfortable.***

Have you ever watched Dexter? Do you like it? If you do, dig in!

Kat is a shy girl, working on a library, while trying to finish her studies. One day, trying to prove her best-friend wrong, she kisses a man she has never seen before in an elevator. Her daring of moment, may prove more reckless than she has ever dreamed about. 
"This wasn't what I'd signed up for. Nancy Drew had walked into the last chapter of a Stephen King novel, and she was getting the hell out of there."
"I wanted a hero who would push me to the edge of insanity, a man who would make me feel."

Gav is a rich guy that seems harmless enough. In fact, he looks like prince charming, but looks can be deceiving. Gav is definitely nobody's hero. 
"Sometimes the world makes itself just right. The wind blows a certain way. People walk with puppet strings attached to their limbs, and I feel like the puppet master." 
" A character in a book might live forever, as long as there was someone there to read him and remember him."

His is a fast-paced thriller, with multi-dimensional characters that made this book into an amazing emotional roller-coaster. Both main characters, are complicated, deep and twisted. Each with their own issues and each finding what they were not looking for. 

Ms. Dark is a great storyteller. She has created a very cohesive plot, with a few sub-plots and several twists along the way. This book is very original and as crazy as it may sound, everything feels very real and believable.  I will definitely be on the look out for more from this new side of Ms. Rose. 

I don't know what it says about me as a reader, but I've only found His mildly dark, surely not as dark as I was expecting. Nonetheless, this book has what every good dark novel should have: characters and actions, that even though are totally outside of the "normal" standards of moral beliefs, have the reader blurring the lines of good and bad, right and wrong and enjoying it. 

You may read this book, because you enjoy a dark romance; you should read this book, because you like to be surprised; you MUST read this book if you are not afraid of being punched in the face and liking it!

"The silence between us was so intimate. I wanted to lean forward and kiss him, hug him, pull him into my arms and tell him that it would be alright. But there was nothing that would be alright, not with him. Not with me."
"I wanted to turn her flesh red and make her scream. But I wanted to please her at the same time. I wanted to plunge myself into her. I wanted to shatter her and put her back together." 

Review by:





No comments:

Post a Comment