Friday, September 05, 2014

Review: The Devil's Contract


Rating:



Title: The Devil's Contract
Series: Contracts & Deceptions #1
Author: Claire Contreras
Genre: Dark Contemporary Erotic Romance
Heat: 4 stars

Source: ARC provided by WordSmith Publicity




Cover: 3 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Heat: 4 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 4 stars
Total: 4 stars



*This is the first book in a two book series and there is not an ending per se on this book. There is a big cliffhanger, that has been warned by the author, but I still like to make my own warning. Book two is set to come out at the end of September.*


Do you take leap of faith sometimes? Has a book ever intrigue you enough for you to do it? Ms. Contreras doesn't tell us much about the book, but I love a mystery and with the add benefit of "dark contemporary" tag, I've taken a risk and it has paid off.

I love the characters. I could relate, connect and understand them all. Even the antagonist is perfect. They feel very real.  I've cried along with Amara, that is how intense this book is for me.

This is a fast-paced read. I love the plot that Ms. Contreras creates here. It feels fresh and original, and the intensity growth through out the story is amazing. Even though I wouldn't call this a non-consent book, it has a dubious consent vibe to it. 

The Devil's Contract shows how life and the choices people make can change and mold their path. This book is painful and harsh, but at the same time is thoughtful and hopeful.

I can't wait for book two to come out. I wish I could read it today!

If you like your stories, a bit dark, a bit hurtful and showing that the world is not perfect, you MUST read this one!

"You're both young, you're both naive, and you think the world is at your feet. You're wrong. The world will never grovel for your love; it will take it and spit it back in your face. It's best you learn that from a young age."

"In a sense, she felt like the moon and Colin the sun. They would accomplish things separately - never together, as they'd wanted to. He could only shine in her absence, and she would only be visible in his." 
 
Review by:


No comments:

Post a Comment