Friday, September 12, 2014

Review: Follow



Rating:


Title: Follow
Series: Social Media #1
Author: J. A. Huss
Genre: Contemporary, Erotica, BDSM
Heat: 4.5 stars
Source: purchased for kindle




Cover: 5 stars 
Characters: 4 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Heat: 4.5 stars
Freshness: 5 stars
Addictiveness: 5 stars
Total: 4.5 stars

*THIS IS A SERIAL NOVELLA
THAT MEANS ALL ENDINGS ARE CLIFFHANGERS
THIS NOVELLA IS ABOUT 150 PAGES LONG
THIS IS PART ONE OF SIX

BOOKS ARE RELEASED EVERY TWO WEEKS* (as told by the author)

Unexpected, unique, unusual, unimaginable, unpredictable... that's how it feels to read Follow.

This is my first book by Ms. Huss, and I only chose to read this book because of it's beautiful cover with it's amazing title. Yes! I blog, I love the net, and I find very interesting a book that explores the social media.

Follow is very exciting! Is a fast read that takes the readers to a completely different place than what they expect.

This book is a sexy, kinky story with depth. Characters are multi-dimensional, much more than what them initially appear to be. This story is not about their sexual journey as much as it is about their discoveries as a person, of who they are, who they would like to be and whom they may become.

Ms. Huss geniality shows  within her characters. As a reader I don't love who they are today, but I'm very curious to meet the person they may become along the way. Today, Vaughn makes me very uncomfortable. In fact, he is a jerk! But I find myself leaning in towards the Vaughn that loves his sister and cares for her. I'm interested to see him peeling out his mask and showing what is under and why has he chosen this "personality" for himself.

The plot is very creative and well executed. The author presents  many profound topics in a very casual way. Behind the heat and the fun there are more complex matters being portrayed by Vaughn and Grace.

I'm happily surprised by this book and I'm really looking forward to what comes next!

Grace:
"I can't stand silence, it drives me crazy. So I'm a talker. I'm a gabber. I'm what they call...social. I pin things, I share things, I plus things. I like, I follow, and I comment. But most of all... I tweet. I'm a tweeter."
" And my heart actually beats faster as I realize this was supposed to be my fantasy and it's anything but a fantasy. It's... real life. And that's not what  I'm looking for." 

Vaughn:
 "I'd like to fuck you sideways, upside down, and backwards, and not really in that order because I'm a total ass man."
"I get to decide how hard to pull your hair. I get to decide how hard to press against your throat. I get to decide when I take your ass and how. That's the whole idea of submission. Right now I'm asking you yes or no to these things in general, not how you want them done to you."
Review by:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment