Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: The Perfect Play

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really like the book!
I enjoy reading a HEA type romance and as cliché as it may sound a famous person looking for the girl-next-door type was perfect really. But what I really enjoyed was the feeling of every day normalcy of the book. The author didn't rush the relationship, even though the first meeting was a bit too much, the story flew in an almost real life pace and the relationship grew along the way.
Mitch was star quarterback of NFL and Tara was an event planner. They met when she was organizing the party of Mitch's football team. He was enchanted by not having a woman offering herself to him and creates a game plan to have her.
Their love story was pretty real and the author was very smart at throwing a few twists to muddle the couple's relationship. Ms. Burton delicately touched some real live curve balls and beautifully explore it in her book.

I have to mention this cover, it's really beautiful, one of the best I've seen, but somehow I get no cover art on my kindle read. For the price that I paid for this book, I wish I had gotten a cover with it.

I will definitely be reading the next book of this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment