Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Against The Cage

Against the Cage (Worth the Fight, #1)Against the Cage by Sidney Halston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars
erotic romance
Arc provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review

Cover - 5 stars

I would buy this book at a bookstore without even reading the blurb. Yes, that guy is hot and I would know it would be a romantic book with hot alpha.

Characters - 4.5 stars

I loved Jack. He is my favorite kind of hero. He is the bad boy type that melts down for the ONE woman. He was very protective, loyal and hot.
Chrissy had a lot of issues, but I enjoy seeing her working out through her issues. The author has presented some good secondary characters that will be perfect for future books.
I understood the characters and I could relate with them.

plot - 4 stars

it was a fast-paced plot, that was easy to read and kept me guessing along the way. The story was really believable and I've finished the read wanting more.
The author has built a great world in this Florida town, that makes us wanting to visit sometimes.

heat - 4 stars

The chemistry between the characters was unbelievable, and the scenes were very well written. Ms. Halston also has created a variety that was well appreciated. Even though there were no new wow factor, I've enjoyed all the scenes.

freshness 3 stars

The plot is not very original, but is well written enough to have kept me guessing along the read.

Impressions and Opinion

This book is a sweet contemporary romance with just a bit of smut so it doesn't get boring. I would recommend it to anyone that enjoy a fast read with a bit of spice and a lot of laughs.

description

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I saw this one earlier for the first time and am so gonna have to read it! They sound great. And a little added smutty spice to it? Even better! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a fun read. The smut is a plus. :)

      Delete