Thursday, May 01, 2014

Review: All Night Long

All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)All Night Long by Madelynne Ellis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars
ARC provide by NetGalley
contemporary, erotic romance, rock star, book 1 of a series

Ash Gore only wanted to forget, tonight was not the time for worries, tomorrow would come soon enough. His emotional battles were pretty well described through out the night, I was able to understand, relate and love Ash. His weakness and his strenght were very well described by the author.

Ginny Walters only wanted to have some fun. She was looking for an "all night long" with a rockstar. She got a lot more than she wished for. Ginny found steamy sex and an emotional ride. She may not have got what she wanted, therefore found what she needed. Ginny was a believable heroine, without TSTL moments and a positive attitude that I could relate.

Ms. Ellis created a hot new rockstar series. She was able to portrait her characters flaws and qualities within a one night frame. It was a fast read that grew accordingly in intensity having it's climax almost at the end. It's a believable rock star world with several hot scenes. The heat was great and the description really well writen.

I have enjoyed the originality of the story built in one night only, with conflict, solution and climax all in the same night. This is the key fact that Ms. Ellis brought to her story, the fast-paced well writen plot, with lots of great sex and characters emotional development.
There is a small cliffhanger at the end introducing the next book, but the book still provides a nice ending to the reader.

All night long is a rock band story with lots of sexy scenes and great emotional development. I read it in one big gulp and enjoy the story a lot. I'm looking forward to read book two in July. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes smut reads with rock stars.

Ratings

cover: 5 stars
characters: 4.5 stars
plot: 4 stars
heat: 5 stars
freshness: 5 stars
overall rating: 4.5 stars

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Oh man that sounds good! I'm always a fan of heroines like Ginny. She really sounds great. Thanks for the heads up on it Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read. I'm a bit of cover slut, and I pick books a lot by it's cover. Lucky one I guess! lol

      Delete
    2. LOL I hear ya. I'm a total cover whore myself. I pick probably 99% of my books because of cover. lol

      Delete