Sunday, May 25, 2014

Review: The Collector

The CollectorThe Collector by Nora Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars
romantic mystery

Cover 2 stars

I didn't like it. I can barely see New York. I still would buy this book, because I'm a Nora Roberts fan, and I buy her books without reading the blurbs. I guess that's why her name takes up so much at the cover.

characters 5 stars

Nora Roberts is a master at creating characters.
Both Lila and Ash are strong and adorable. They were easy to connect, relate and love.
Her secondary characters are also great.

plot 4 stars

It's not original, but it's so well written that it doesn't change the effect for me.
This was a fast-paced read. It was easy to follow and it kept me guessing until the end.
It has the perfect level of intensity and humor and her characters are so real, that is a really believable book.

heat 2 stars

It's romantic. You can feel the love, you can feel the chemistry, but there is not much heat.

freshness 3 stars

Nothing new, I have seen before and I have read before, but it's so well crafted that I don't mind reading it again.

editing 5 stars

Two typo mistakes, no major problems.

Impressions and Opinion

What I loved about this story is how much I wanted to be friends with them. I totally connected with Lila and Ash and I felt for them and with them all book along.
Superb characters with a strong plot, a book that I couldn't let go until the end.

"Second chances are scarier than first chances, because the second time you know how much you’re risking."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment